Please Note that this position has been filled and we are no longer accepting applications
This is a part-time salaried position for up to 25 hours per week. To start as soon as possible.
Reports To: Director of Operations
Duties and Responsibilities
The Community Outreach Coordinator acts as a liason between the theatre and the local community. Working to build new connections as well as grow and diversify theatre audiences through a variety of programs and events.
- Oversee and coordinate the company's current outreach programs, while researching and developing new opportunities.
- Work on the Theatre's publicity srategy and implementation in coopoeration with the Publicist.
- Assist in identifying new sources of funding and revenue for outreach activities.
- Assist in Follow-ups and report to program funders, sponsors and Theatre Management about community outreach activities as required.
- Follow-up and report to project funders, sponsors, etc. about community outreach processes as required.
- Network and develeop relationships with education, social services and other community groups.
- Coordinate volunteers as needed.
- Promote the theatre to build the company's profile and awareness of the work it does.
- Build relationships in the community to increase participation, attendance and traffic at events.
- Conducts and organizes community outreach initiatives/events for each play in collaboration with the Marketing and Development departments.
- Develops ambassador program.
- Implements activities with businesses in the local community.
Teesri Duniya Theatre is committed to an inclusive workplace and encourages all prospective applicants who self-identify as members of under-represented communities to submit. All interested candidates may submit a cover letter and CV to the attention of Shayne Lovsin-Couture, Director of Operations at email@example.com. Please note that we thank all candidates who apply but only those chosen for an interview will be contacted.
This is a contract position. Preferred start date late-October 2019. Specific dates will be determined at time of hiring.
Duties and Responsibilities
Reporting to the Production Manager, the Technical Director is responsible for overseeing the heads of department wothin the production. This is a key production position with a primary focus on scenic construction, Computer-aided design and drafting (CADD) drawing, show costing, crew management, and health and safety.
- Prepares preliminary and final costs for each design created for the production.
- In conjunction with the Production Manager, ensure that production expenditures do not exceed approved budgets.
- Attends set-ups, dress rehearsals, previews, opening nights and strikes of the production.
- Participates in production, company and departmental meetings.
- In conjunction with the Production Manager, sets production schedules.
- Supervises all production staff and technical activities.
- Plans and supervises construction and operation of all technical elements (set, lighting, sound).
- Ensures smooth functioning of all stage machinery and/or equipment.
- Liases and cooperates with the venus staff to ensure smooth operation of the production within the facility, in accordance to all regulations set forth by venue.
- In conjunction with the Production Manager, oversees all lighting and sound level sessions, onstage rehearsals and previews.
How To Apply
Teesri Duniya Theatre is committed to an inclusive workplace and encourages all prospective applicants who self-identify as members of under-represented communities to submit. All interested candidates may submit a cover letter and CV to the attention of Shayne Lovsin-Couture, Director of Operations at firstname.lastname@example.org.