Job Openings & Audition Call
We strongly encourage candidates from culturally-diverse, POC, LGBTQ+ and indigenous to apply.
This is a contract position. Preferred start date late-October 2019. Specific dates will be determined at time of hiring.
Duties and Responsibilities
Reporting to the Production Manager, the Technical Director is responsible for overseeing the heads of department wothin the production. This is a key production position with a primary focus on scenic construction, Computer-aided design and drafting (CADD) drawing, show costing, crew management, and health and safety.
- Prepares preliminary and final costs for each design created for the production.
- In conjunction with the Production Manager, ensure that production expenditures do not exceed approved budgets. Production
- Attends set-ups, dress rehearsals, previews, opening nights and strikes of the production.
- Participates in production, company and departmental meetings.
- In conjunction with the Production Manager, sets production schedules.
- Supervises all production staff and technical activities.
- Plans and supervises construction and operation of all technical elements (set, lighting, sound).
- Ensures smooth functioning of all stage machinery and/or equipment.
- Liases and cooperates with the venus staff to ensure smooth operation of the production within the facility, in accordance to all regulations set forth by venue.
- In conjunction with the Production Manager, oversees all lighting and sound level sessions, onstage rehearsals and previews.
How To Apply
Teesri Duniya Theatre is committed to an inclusive workplace and encourages all prospective applicants who self-identify as members of under-represented communities to submit. All interested candidates may submit a cover letter and CV to the attention of Shayne Lovsin-Couture, Director of Operations at firstname.lastname@example.org.